Thursday, October 31, 2013

BOO!



Velcome to the Little Crooked Cottage’s Haunted Halloween Bash! 

I am your host. . . Count Pigula! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! 

Don’t mind the cobwebs. I went a little overboard this year because nearly all the spiders RSVP’d yes. Itsy Bitsy, Charlotte and Miss Spider are already here, hanging around. Only one spider sent his regrets--I forget why. Something about being very busy. 

Any-hoo. . .

I like your costume! Are you hungry? Please help yourself, we have so much food! Everyone brought treats. The Girl and Cub brought cookies, of course. We have twelve pounds of banana pudding from the monkeysPony brought feather-free macaroni. Oh! And someone brought a sushi platter! Very fancy. I’m not sure who it was, but my money’s on Fang, the shark.

Speaking of. . . apparently, the Big Bad Wolf thought it would be just hilarious to bring a huge tray of Pigs in a Blanket.

Look at my face. Am I laughing? No, no, I'm not.

Ah, well. I won't let it dampen my spirits. How can I? I just LOVE Halloween!

You know what is funny? Zombelina and Vamperina Ballerina came dressed as EACH OTHER! HA! And the Gingerbread Man is dressed as the Elf on the Shelf! Every time he jumps up and sits on the mantle in the living room, I can’t help but giggle. (He’d better be careful, though. I hear he’s had some close calls around fire.)

Really, all the costumes are so creative! A few years ago, we had twenty-three Harry Potters and fifteen Hermiones, but so far this year, I haven’t seen any repeats!

What’s that? No, Vampire Boy doesn’t count, because technically, he’s not in a costume.

Anyway, I’ll let you mingle.

I’ll be hosting a spooky story hour in just a little while, and I have to go get into character. I can’t wait! I’m pulling my favorite spooky stories off The Little Crooked Bookshelf!

It’s going to be SPOOKTACULAR! See you soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Count Pigula, I promise not to eat any pigs in a blanket or hand them out to trick or treaters.

    So when is a little while and what's the spooky story? Waiting . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Clara, Thank you from pigs everywhere!

    Scroll down for the Spooky Story Hour. Prepare to be scared. Mwa-ha-ha-ha!
    --Count Pigula

    ReplyDelete