Monday, December 9, 2013

Mr. Pig Live! . . . with Squirrel

Today, we welcome a very special little guest to the Pixie-award nominated talk show . . .

MR. PIG LIVE! 

(Oh, you didn't hear the news? Yes, Mr. Pig Live has been nominated for a Pixie! That's the award given to outstanding content-creators in the Enchanted Woods. Wish me luck.) 

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, I was about to introduce today's guest. . .
Today, we are hosting the very enthusiastic and busy star of Lisa Moser's Squirrel's Fun Day and Squirrel's World.

Welcome . . . Squirrel!


What is your full name?
My first name is Squirrel. That’s all I have. Oh, oh, oh. I think I lost my middle and last name. Have you seen them? Oh well. Just call me Squirrel.


Squirrel, what three words would you say best describe you?
Fun, fun, fun!

What is the best thing about being you?
There are so many best things about being me. I get to sleep in a tree. I can jump from branch to branch. I get to help everyone in the forest. 

Wait, where'd he go? Um, that's very impressive jumping, but I'm trying to do an interview. Can you please get down from there? Thank you. Alrighty. . . if you were stranded on a desert island, what would you bring?
I would bring Mouse, Turtle, and Rabbit! That’s all I need. 

What is your favorite word?
Friends!

What is you least favorite word?
Bedtime.

What is your special talent?
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I am a great corn picker, a great apple picker, a great game player, a great leaf getter, a great sweeper-upper, a great mud maker, and a great fun finder. 


Aaand... he's gone again. Mr. Squirrel? We're on camera, will you kindly sit still? Thank you. When do you feel the happiest?
I’m always, always, always happy!

Indeed, you are. If you could dine with three characters from other books, who would they be?
Winnie the Pooh, Paddington Bear, and Toad (from The Wind in the Willows)
           
If you have a pocket, what is in it right now?
Oh, oh, oh. I don’t have a pocket, but I wish I did. I could put all kinds of things in a pocket. I could put leaves, and acorns, and strawberries, and fluff, and rocks, and mud, and flowers, and snacks. It needs to be a BIG pocket.

What is your pet peeve?
Not having a pocket.

If a genie gave you one wish, what would you wish for?

I would wish for a pocket!

What is your most embarrassing moment?
One time I went to sleep at sunset. Then I woke up to a beautiful sunrise, so I ran around and got all my friends up for the day. But it wasn’t day. It wasn’t sunrise. It was still the sunset. I guess I only slept 2 minutes. 

You have very patient friends. What was it like working with Lisa Moser?
Oh, Lisa is great. I try to show her how to do all the important things-playing, jumping, running, hopping, gathering, eating, building, visiting, finding, celebrating, and having fun. Lisa tries very hard, but she still can’t climb trees very well. She is good at writing down all my adventures, though. She can do that in a chair. 

Well, that's all the time we have for today. Thank you, Squirrel, for your very, um, energetic interview.

Join us next time, when we interview... honestly I can't remember who, I'm too exhausted from just watching Squirrel, but uh, er... do tune in... for an extra-special guest! 


Lisa Moser is the author of Squirrel's Fun Day, Squirrel’s World, The Monster in the Backpack, and Kisses on the Wind, among other titles. She lives in Wisconsin with her husband and daughter and a Brittany Spaniel named Coach. For more about Lisa and her books, visit her website.
SQUIRREL'S FUN DAY
by Lisa Moser; illustrated by Valeri Gorbachev
Candlewick Press, 2013
ISBN 978-0-7636-5726-0

"Two cheery picture books for young readers, meanwhile, capture the pleasures of a hectic, productive day and the exhilarating, if sometimes fraught process of winning friends. For beginning readers, or as a read-aloud, Lisa Moser's Squirrel's Fun Day introduces a small, scrappy hero so ebullient that he can't help repeating himself."
 --The Wall Street Journal

SQUIRREL'S WORLD
Candlewick Press, 2007
ISBN 978-07636-6644-6

"A great, great addition to delight fans of Arnold Lobel's Frog and Toad Are Friends (HarperCollins, 1970) and Wong Herbert Yee's Upstairs Mouse, Downstairs Mole (Houghton Mifflin, 2005)." --School Library Journal

"Gorbachev's earth-toned ink-and-watercolor illustrations amplify the story's buoyant humor and highlight the animals' personalities, from Squirrel's exuberance to Rabbit's cautiousness . . . the feel-good ending cements this quartet's friendship." 
--Publishers Weekly




And now, let's refuel, with a special lunch created by our fabulous chef Nina from Mamabelly Lunches with Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment