Thursday, February 14, 2019

WE'RE BACK! How we've missed you!

Happy Valentine's Day! We're celebrating by re-opening our doors to share our LOVE of books! 

But first, Anika, Jamie, and Mr. Pig are thrilled to introduce our new roomie at the Cottage, elementary school librarian rock star . . . Melanie Roy! Get to know her and the rest of us, and stay tuned for a brand-new year of book picks, interviews, studio tours, giveaways, and more!




Melanie Roy
Library Teacher of Fourth and Fifth Graders
Favorite Valentine’s Day book: Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch
5 Things I Love That Aren’t Books or People: planning fun surprises, baking, flavored lip gloss, trying new restaurants, traveling
Books I Loved as a Kid (and Still Do!): Caps for Sale, Ramona, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, Bunnicula, Nancy Drew
Some of My Past Jobs: swim instructor, penny candy seller, ice cream scooper, florist delivery girl, H & R Block receptionist, waitress, tutor, grocery store clerk




Anika Aldamuy Denise
Author of Planting Stories: The Life of Librarian and Storyteller Pura Belpré, Starring Carmen, and a few more!
Favorite Valentine’s Day book: Never Too Little To Love
5 Things I Love That Aren’t Books Or People: The Moth Radio Hour, the Adirondack Mountains, wandering in a city with no schedule, coffee, writing with my cat curled up next to me
Books I Loved as a Kid (and Still Do!): From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, Time At The Top, The Snowy Day 
Past jobs: associate film producer, newspaper columnist, chamber maid, breakfast waitress, storyhour lady

my little sister and me


Jamie Michalak
Author of Frank and Bean (coming this September!), the Joe and Sparky early reader series, So You Want to Catch Bigfoot?, and more!
Favorite Valentine's Day Book: Groundhug Day
5 Things I Love That Aren't Books or People: food trucks, coffee, karaoke, tiny things, and my dog, Lucy Caboose
Books I Loved as a Kid (and Still Do!): Harriet the Spy, The Monster At the End of This Book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Past jobs: children's book editor, giant mouse impersonator, waterpark lifeguard, waitress, toy namer, paper girl




Mr. Pig
Talk Show Host and Famous Children's Book Star
Favorite Valentine's Day Book: Mr. Prickles: A Quill-Fated Love Story
5 Things I Love That Aren't Books or People: ascots, brick houses, tea, travel, and interviewing other children's book characters
Books I Loved as a Piglet (and Still Do!): The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, Charlotte's Web, and Miss Piggy's Guide to Life
Past jobs: Writer, lyricist, actor, and dean emeritus of the Children's Book Character School in New York City

No comments:

Post a Comment