Monday, May 16, 2016

The Little Crooked Bookshelf



OLD MACDONALD HAD A TRUCK
by Steve Goetz, illustrated by Eda Kaban

This week's pick is from cottager Kara LaReau.


What it's all about
Old MacDonald had a farm. Old news, right? Did you know he also had an impressive collection of construction vehicles? E-I-E-I-WHOOOA!

Why it's on The Little Crooked Bookshelf…
It's a super-fun read-aloud from Steve Goetz with lots of great sound effects and dramatic page turns. Eda Kaban's art is equal parts dynamic and hilarious.

My favorite lines…
Old MacDonald had a farm.
E-I-E-I-O.
And on that farm he had an...
EXCAVATOR!
E-I-E-I-O.

My favorite illustration…




Why kids will love it…
Farm animals AND construction vehicles? E-I-E-I-Oh, yes! Young readers are really going to dig this one (ha ha).


Why grown-ups will love it…

A refreshing twist on what is a well-worn classic for most parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment